We bring to you an easy and delicious recipe to prepare with the little ones this holiday season! Say hello to mini mac and cheese dogs appetizers!
You can serve them at parties with family and friends or even as a snack for your kids. We recommend preparing the mini mac&cheese dogs for your holiday gatherings.
- 1 package (16 ounces) of frozen bread dough dinner rolls (12 count).
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion.
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 12 bun-length beef hot dog.
- 1 package (7- 1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix.
1. Let the dough unfreeze and get soft so it can be easy to shape, this can take about 15 to 20 minutes. When the dough is ready, cut each roll in half and into 3 in long mini buns. Place them on a greased baking sheet.
2. Cover them with a grassed plastic and placed them in a warm place so they can get doubled the size. This step will take up to 45 minutes approximately.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°.
4. Bake the hot dog buns until they become golden (12-15 min).
5. Remove from the baking sheet into wire racks to cool.
6. The preparation of the hot dogs goes as follows: toss bread crumbs with onion, oil, salt, and pepper as wanted to a baking pan (recommended 15x10x1-in).
7. Bake at 350° for about 5 to 7 minutes until the hod dogs are golden brown.
8. Cook hot dogs and macaroni and cheese!
9. Cut hot dogs crosswise in half, split buns and fill them with the hot dogs and macaroni & cheese.
10. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs. To top it off add a sauce of your choice and enjoy!
- Makes: 2 dozens.
We are loving the small hot dog size since each one is only 198 calories. So dig in!